Life can suck if you’re stuck in your own head. That’s why you have to have someone that you can talk to, to process things, to force you to articulate what’s rattling around your brain.
If you have a trusted friend, family member, or colleague in your life that can serve this role, then you may not need me. But if you don’t or if you want another perspective, I can help.
I approach my coaching practice a little differently than most. Instead of a more formal environment, I like to move with my clients while we talk. I’ve found that walking and talking helps my clients open up and helps stimulate our brains in ways that a traditional environment would not.
- We must accept the control we have over our lives, even while acknowledging those forces beyond our control.
- We need a compelling vision for our future selves that we should share with others.
- We should seek to give back, when successful and also when struggling.
- Being curious is a great way to avoid boredom, conflict, and roadblocks.
- Leadership matters and that nothing replaces clear direction, values, and decisiveness.
My influences include:
- Ari Weinzweig
- Greg McKeown
- Shawn Achor
- Clayton Christensen
- Nick Tasler
- Nilofer Merchant
- Elizabeth Gilbert
- Marshall Goldsmith
- Jocko Willink
- Alexander Hamilton as drawn by Lin-Manuel Miranda
- Eric Hannan
- Brené Brown
- James Clear
What I can help with:
- Career changes
- Personal effectiveness within organizations
- Leadership development
- Organizational development
For more details, please email joshuapcohen (AT) gmail (DOT) com.